This image represents the birth story of all who came before me. It represents those who are to come. The symbol at the top is a woman.
Under this woman is her uterus. The most powerful organ of all. The creator of life. The birth giver. Incredible.
Each ovary is a flowering gum of a Eucalyptus tree. Those beautiful eucalypts which line the Dungula (Murray River in Yorta Yorta language). Strong and resilient trees, holding thousands of years of stories and power. The strong line of the Matriarch. The symbols being born from these ovaries are stars (my Ancestors) and those who came before.
NOTE: The upside down "u" shapes throughout this exhibition represent the symbol of people, and the 'u' shape with a line either side represents a woman.**
There are two options in a variety of sizes.
Textured Cotton Rag - 310gsm Print:
Our staple textured paper. Unobtrusive texture that adds dimensionality to any image.
- 100% heavyweight natural cotton print
- Fine art prints are archival pigments inks
- Medium texture, matte surface
Pieces come unframed - please contact us if you would like us to organise a custom piece.
Canvas - ready to hang:
- Our premium archival canvas and genuine Canon inks provide an excellent finish
- Our prints are precisely stretched by hand with expertise and care. Each frame is custom made using kiln-dried timber stretcher bars, sourced from sustainable regrowth forests.
- Every print is carefully sprayed with a UV matte protective laminate, ensuring they are fade-resistant, durable and easy to clean.
This design is also available as a canvas print, please contact us to enquire if you are interested.