Winyarr translates to Woman in Yorta Yorta language
Bright and bold. A winyarrs body is an amazing thing. Although being pregnant wasn’t something I thoroughly enjoyed, there were most definitely parts I did enjoy and the thought of it is absolutely phenomenal. How we as woman create another being that will be part of society. How amazing? From a tiny speck, to a tiny body with fingers and toes, with such love for them before they even know them.
Shown across the pregnant body are symbols. These symbols represent communities - the communities flowing support washing over the body. The support surrounds the individual in their journey to motherhood - the communities supporting the individual to move through their challenges and to find the support they need in various aspects of their life. This depicts the support that is all around us, where we least expect.
There are two options in a variety of sizes.
Textured Cotton Rag - 310gsm Print:
Our staple textured paper. Unobtrusive texture that adds dimensionality to any image.
- 100% heavyweight natural cotton print
- Fine art prints are archival pigments inks
- Medium texture, matte surface
Pieces come unframed - please contact us if you would like us to organise a custom piece.
Canvas - ready to hang:
- Our premium archival canvas and genuine Canon inks provide an excellent finish
- Our prints are precisely stretched by hand with expertise and care. Each frame is custom made using kiln-dried timber stretcher bars, sourced from sustainable regrowth forests.
- Every print is carefully sprayed with a UV matte protective laminate, ensuring they are fade-resistant, durable and easy to clean.
This design is also available as a canvas print, please contact us to enquire if you are interested.