Sharing Yapameyepuka (meaning sharing together in Yorta Yorta language)
This piece depicts motherhood from the beginning. When you first become a mother you learn and grow from the child as much as the child learns and grows from you. You share something so very special with one another and keep that bond for a lifetime. This depicts me and my son, the one who made me a mummy. This shows my growth, my strength, and my learnings. It represents the input we have from community when rearing children and that support networks surrounding us. In the heart of the boy is a symbol which represents community, and people that have helped him to grow and learn his ways, his culture, his identity.
This one is incredibly special to me, I began this piece almost 3 years ago and have now been able to finish it.
There are two options in a variety of sizes.
Textured Cotton Rag - 310gsm Print:
Our staple textured paper. Unobtrusive texture that adds dimensionality to any image.
- 100% heavyweight natural cotton print
- Fine art prints are archival pigments inks
- Medium texture, matte surface
Pieces come unframed - please contact us if you would like us to organise a custom piece.
Canvas - ready to hang:
- Our premium archival canvas and genuine Canon inks provide an excellent finish
- Our prints are precisely stretched by hand with expertise and care. Each frame is custom made using kiln-dried timber stretcher bars, sourced from sustainable regrowth forests.
- Every print is carefully sprayed with a UV matte protective laminate, ensuring they are fade-resistant, durable and easy to clean.
This design is also available as a canvas print, please contact us to enquire if you are interested.