Bayi translates to the word Breasts in Yorta Yorta.
This image shows a breastfeeding mother. In the darkness of the night, she feeds. The stars above shine down on her. Those stars are her Ancestors guiding her through her journey. Surrounding this darkness are the people in her life that help support her through motherhood, through hard times and hold her hand.
We need to surround ourselves with our communities and learn to let go, to ask for help and remember that it takes our community to raise a child. Those early days filled with so much unknown. Filled with so much love, yet so much exhaustion.
Who are you baby? Who will you be? What will we learn together? What will we see?
Holding your baby close makes the world around stop, you loose track of time in those early moments.
There are two options in a variety of sizes.
Textured Cotton Rag - 310gsm Print:
Our staple textured paper. Unobtrusive texture that adds dimensionality to any image.
- 100% heavyweight natural cotton print
- Fine art prints are archival pigments inks
- Medium texture, matte surface
Pieces come unframed - please contact us if you would like us to organise a custom piece.
Canvas - ready to hang:
- Our premium archival canvas and genuine Canon inks provide an excellent finish
- Our prints are precisely stretched by hand with expertise and care. Each frame is custom made using kiln-dried timber stretcher bars, sourced from sustainable regrowth forests.
- Every print is carefully sprayed with a UV matte protective laminate, ensuring they are fade-resistant, durable and easy to clean.
This design is also available as a canvas print, please contact us to enquire if you are interested.