My Burra translating to My Heart in Yorta Yorta Language.
When you find out you are pregnant, you realise that the issues that you worried about before are not relevant.
Your attention shifts. You begin to focus on that little being that you are growing on the inside.
Your dream about who they might be. What their personality will be like. Who they might look like. You hope that they will love you just as much as you already love them.
This image shows a silhouette of a boorai (baby) in the womb. Inside the baby are symbols which represent community. This babies family will forever be a part of them, their future, their Ancestors and their identity.
Once the baby enters the world you feel like you heart has left your body. You hold them close whenever you can but are reminded that they are their own being.
There are two options in a variety of sizes.
Textured Cotton Rag - 310gsm Print:
Our staple textured paper. Unobtrusive texture that adds dimensionality to any image.
- 100% heavyweight natural cotton print
- Fine art prints are archival pigments inks
- Medium texture, matte surface
Pieces come unframed - please contact us if you would like us to organise a custom piece.
Canvas - ready to hang:
- Our premium archival canvas and genuine Canon inks provide an excellent finish
- Our prints are precisely stretched by hand with expertise and care. Each frame is custom made using kiln-dried timber stretcher bars, sourced from sustainable regrowth forests.
- Every print is carefully sprayed with a UV matte protective laminate, ensuring they are fade-resistant, durable and easy to clean.
This design is also available as a canvas print, please contact us to enquire if you are interested.